Pots in Progress — Fresh Bisque

Here are some pots in progress… Yunomi and chawan teabowls and a series of broken bowls… not sure how the broken ones are going to come out? UPDATE: the broken bowls, which I attempted to repair with paper-clay with stain in it (so I could see the repair) did not make it through the high fire intact! … so, bummer on that one. Hope you like… -Tom

Click the image to get a better view!

Last year at the Mill City Market a customer knocked over a large plate I had for sale. The plate broke into several large pieces, so I scooped them up and put them in a bag. A few weeks later at the studio I decided to use some 2 part epoxy and glue the plate back together. I put the plate back together with the pieces offset so that you could see all of the breaks and missing parts and hung it on the wall… I think it looks like an artifact. So now I’m going to try and make some broken bowls. we’ll see how they come out in a couple of weeks!

If all goes well I will have a structurally sound bowl that shows breaks through a clear glaze

Advertisements

~ by crackedclay on January 26, 2010.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: